I. The following paragraphs are taken from the textbooks, followed by a list of words or expressions marked A to X. Choose the one that best completes each of the sentences and write the corresponding letter on your Answer Sheet. One word or expression for each blank only. (12 points, 0.5 point for each)
As I ate she began the fir”st of what we later called "my lesson in living." She said that I must always be 1 of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some 2 , unable to go to school, were more 3 and even more inte老电器lligent than 4 professors. She encouraged me to 5 carefully to what country people 6 mother wit. When salesmen are doing well, there is 7 upon them to begin doing better, for 8 they may start doing worse.
When they are doing 9 , they三足离心 are doing terribly. When a salesman lands a large order or 10 in an important new account, 11 elation is brief, for there is danger he might lose that large order or important new account to a salesman 12 a competing company the next time around. The American dream promised older people that if they 13 hard enough all their lives, things would 14 well for them. Today's elderly were brought up to 15 in pride, self-reliance and independence. Many 16 tough, determined individuals 17 manage to survive against adversity. But even the tough ones reach a 18 where help should be available to them.
Another solitary man was fishing further along the canal, 19 Arthur knew that they would leave each other 20 peace, would not even call 21 greetings. No one bothered 22 : you were a hunter, a dreamer, your own 23 , away from it all for a few hours on any day that the 24 did not throw down its rain.
A. people B. fear C. his D. worked
E. boss F educated G. intolerant H. brings
I. believe J. inK. but L. weather
M. are N. point O. listen P pressure
Q. out R. who S. you T. turn out
U. from V. called W. poorly X. college
II. In this section, there are fifteen sentences taken from the textbooks with a blank in each, followed by a list of words or expressions marked A to X. Choose the one that best completes each of the sentences and write the corresponding letter on your Answer Sheet. One word or expression for each blank only. ( 15 points, 1 point for each )
25. They lived, in bitter disillusionment, to see the establishment they had overthrown replaced by a ______ one, just as hard-单向和多轴向织物在复合材料中使用份额预计将增加而超过方格布faced and stuffy.
26. Among members of my own party, closed meetings were held to discuss ______ of stopping me.
27. No doubt somebody would have ______ if she hadn't been there; she was part of the performance, after all.
28. All I car桥梁管材ed ______ was that she had made tea cookies for me and read to me from her favorite book.
29. He sat with his ______ still pressed over his stomach, hiding his watch, but all through the cell you could hear its blunt tick tock tick.
30. Give me a restless ______ or two in bed and I can solve, to my own satisfaction, all the doubts of humanity.
31. I am not able, and I do no烘干设备t want, completely to ______ the world-view that I acquired in childhood.
32. We're angry about the same things you are ______ policy-a little angrier because our lives综合技术水平到达国内领先水平 were the things used to test those poli小孩支气管炎咳嗽吃什么药好的快